Google
 

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Whew.

I was asked last Monday to fly last minute down to Redmond to perform a 1-day review of the PerformancePoint Beta Exam for Friday.  I still don't know if I passed yet, but it looks promising.

Anyway, I madly arranged flights & hotels, and was just about to confirm my flight when I found out they had filled the spot I was filling for someone else.

Needless to say I was a bit peeved.  But I think things work out for the best, or, like Seinfeld, they even out in the end.  Sounds like it would have been a wet weekend, and I probably would have been stuck in the airport anyway.  Next time I'll try for the summer instead.

We got dumped with snow on Sunday up here too, which closed the airport for awhile. 

Because it always snows in Canada.

I often defend Seattle when people say it rains all the time. I say, "Actually, it doesn't rain that much, it is just gray a lot." But this just in, my basement is flooded. And it is still coming down sick in Seatown! I've been carting 5-gallon buckets of murky business up my stairs to dump in the backyard all morning, to the tune of:

  • no apparent result, and
  • one blister. 

You're on your own, Seattle. 

Don't come crying to me.

Source: "So, a booth babe and a geek walk in to a bar..."

No comments: