Google
 

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chris Webb's BI Blog - Chris Webb - Early feedback on PerformancePoint

 Chris has some of the same concerns that I have with the v1 product - clear division of tasks between business and technical users, ability to reuse dimensions from other systems, limitations to the v1 product vs. competitors, poor UI design, general bugginess & lack of documentation around integration points.

In general though, the tools available within the PerformancePoint suite should offer some serious partner integration opportunities.

And if anyone can remember Plato (Olap '97) it can only get better from here...

I don't want to dwell on the negatives too much anyway, which I know I'm inclined to do, because as I say my overall impression was favourable and we're still about six months from RTM. Before going on the training I thought that the bpm side of PerformancePoint would be something I might steer clear of in my day-to-day work, but now I feel enthused to go out there and do something with it. There's a healthy amount of MDX used in its calculations and reporting so that has to represent a business opportunity for me!

Chris Webb's BI Blog - Chris Webb - FindTech Blogs

No comments: